The Corporate Plan 2020-2024 sets out our values and vision for South Derbyshire and defines our priorities for delivering services.
We have identified our three key priorities as: Our Environment, Our People, Our Future. Our plan seeks to ensure that our District remains a great place to live, visit and invest.
The Corporate Plan does not cover everything that we do, but instead focuses on the issues that are most important to residents, on national priorities set by the government and on the opportunities and challenges resulting from the changing social, economic and environmental aspects of our District.
As well as enabling effective monitoring and leading our performance management, it links our strategic priorities and objectives directly to the activities of each service area through annual Service Plans, which can be found in the further reading page on this microsite.
Our Key aims for 2020-2024 are:
Keeping a clean, green District for future generations
- Improve the environment of the District
- Tackle climate change
- Enhance the attractiveness of South Derbyshire
Working with communities and meeting the future needs of the District
- Engage with our communities
- Supporting and safeguarding the most vulnerable
- Deliver excellent services
Growing our District and our skills base
- Develop skills and careers
- Support economic growth and infrastructure
- Transforming the Council
The key priorities in the Corporate Plan will be measured and recorded on a quarterly basis in the Performance Dashboard and in our Annual Report.
Our Risk Management Framework sets out how we will manage risk where it occurs both in business as usual (BAU) and in transformational activity.
Information about risks to the Council and actions being taken to minimise their impact is recorded in Risk Registers, compiled and reviewed by the Leadership Team and Heads of Service.
A Risk Register is maintained for:
- Corporate Resources (incorporating support, back-office functions and any risks that have corporate implications)
- Service Delivery (incorporating Operational, Planning and Strategic Housing, Environmental, Housing, and Cultural and Community Services)
- Chief Executive's Directorate (incorporating Legal, Democratic and Economic Development and Growth Services)
The Leadership Team will review, and sense check all three Risk Registers each quarter before being reported to committees.
Our Corporate Plan outlines our core values which underpins the way the Council operates as an organisation. One of our Values is to ‘Have respect for everyone’, we will listen, be honest and act with integrity at all times. Our Values are embedded in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and Action Plan. How we meet the Equality Duty (part of the Equality Act 2010) are detailed in these documents and how we will continue to play our part in helping to make society fairer by addressing inequality, celebrating and promoting diversity and ensuring our services are inclusive.
- Performance & Service Plans
- Environmental Performance report 2022
- Performance Dashboard 20-24
- Performance Dashboard 20-24 - Chief Executive Directorate
- Performance Directorate 20-24 - Corporate Resources Directorate
- Performance Measure Report - Environmental and Developmental Service Committee
- Performance Measure Report - Finance and Management Committee